HomeNewsSquadThe ClubMatchesTicketsCommercialFeaturesCommunity Football SchemeDons Trust
Fixtures Results ReportsLeague TableAway GroundsThe LeagueLeague FixturesArchiveVenuesGalleries
This is the old official AFC Wimbledon website, preserved for posterity.
For the current official site click www.afcwimbledon.co.uk
Wednesday 29 September 2004
Ryman League, Division One

Corinthian Casuals    0 - 3    AFC Wimbledon
    (35) Robert Ursell
(38) Richard Butler
(72) Robert Ursell
 G Williams 1 Danny Naisbitt 
 J Keith 2 Steve Gibson (sub 57) 
 j Gasson 3 Ryan Gray 
 J Frimpong 4 Antony Howard 
(sub 78)  C Horwood 5 Glenn Wilson 
 T Blunt 6 Jay Conroy ( 44) 
 S Shergold 7 Robert Ursell 
 G Cartwright 8 Chris Gell 
 S Moore 9 Joe Sheerin (sub 77) 
( 76)  i Waghorn 10 Richard Butler 
(sub 50)  A Rodriques 11 Jon-Barrie Bates (sub 75) 
(sub 50)  C malik 12 Gavin Bolger (sub 57) 
  13 Paul Smith 
(sub 78)  J Goodwin 14 Michael Woolner (sub 75) 
 D Roberts 15 Jamie Taylor 
 T Cass 16 Martin Randall (sub 77) (sub 77) 
 D Hyatt 17  

Match report

As AFC Wimbledon played their last league game for a few weeks - with both FA Cup and FA Trophy action looming - they completed a comfortable victory over local rivals Corinthian Casuals.

After a tight first half hour, which contained Casuals' best attempt on goal, the game was brought to life with two quick goals, from Robert Ursell and Richard Butler. Ursell scored on 35 minutes when he followed up on his own blocked shot, instinctively chipping the ball cleanly over the keeper. Two minutes later Richard Butler fired with his left foot from the edge of the box to make it 2-0.

On 44 minutes, Crystal Palace loan defender Jay Conroy was booked, apparently for delaying the restart of play.

The second half saw little action as the Dons responded to Casuals' change of formation. Ursell added the Dons' third after 72 minutes, slding the ball into the net after rounding the keeper.

Shortly afterwards Casuals number 10 Waghorn was lucky to stay on the pitch, receiving only a booking after a collision with the referee.

In the final minutes, Wimbledon hung on to the ball, passing it around across the back and taking a corner short, as the clock wound down. The final whistle left AFC Wimbledon six points clear at the top of the table, and preparing for more FA Cup action away at Dunstable Town.

Next Match >>