HomeNewsSquadThe ClubMatchesTicketsCommercialFeaturesCommunity Football SchemeDons Trust
Fixtures Results ReportsLeague TableAway GroundsThe LeagueLeague FixturesArchiveVenuesGalleries
This is the old official AFC Wimbledon website, preserved for posterity.
For the current official site click www.afcwimbledon.co.uk
Saturday 31 July 2004
Friendly - Senior

Harrow Borough    1 - 1    AFC Wimbledon
Paul Hamer (56)
  (02) Matt Everard
 Keith Karamoko 1 Danny Naisbitt 
 Paul Johnson 2 Steve Gibson 
 Stuart Thorpe 3 Darren Dobinson 
 Wayne Walters 4 Antony Howard 
 Perry Norman 5 Matt Everard 
 Dean Marney 6 Steve Butler 
 Daniel Dyer 7 Ryan Gray 
 Steve Dogbe 8 Gavin Bolger 
 Brian Haule 9 Robert Ursell 
 Fabio Valenti 10 Martin Randall 
 Osman Haian 11 Richard Butler 
 Robert Charles 12 Jamie Taylor 
  13 Paul Smith 
 Paul Hamer 14 Lewis Taylor 
 Allan Crosby 15 Andy Sullivan 
 Clinton Lamb 16 Ken During 
  17 Gareth Graham 

Match report

Wimbledon had the better of the game against Harrow Borough but had to settle for a draw in extremely hot conditions.

The Dons took the lead on just two minutes, when Matt Everard chested down a corner and volleyed home at the back post. With Ursell?s tricks once again to the fore a period of Dons pressure followed, abated only when Martin Randall was carried off after a clash with the sizeable centre-back Marney and home keeper Karamoko. He emerged to watch the second half from the stands looking bruised and battered but feeling ok.

The home side equalised on 56 minutes when a low cross found Hamer with time in the box and he gave Smith no chance. After that, the majority of chances once more fell to the Dons. Gareth Graham picked up a half-clearance on the edge of the area, ran on to his own chip and fired it past the keeper, but saw it crash off the far post and clear.

Jamie Taylor fired over after more good work from Graham and Ursell?s final act was to break away down the left before sending a cross behind. He was replaced by Andy Sullivan, who had a solid 20 minutes in his first appearance since suffering an injury at the start of the Dagenham match.

Ryan Gray saw a free-kick easily saved before a great break by Sullivan resulted in a low cross into the area. Jamie Taylor couldn?t quite get on the end of it and it fell to his namesake Lewis at the back post, but his drive back across goal squirmed wide. At the other end, Howard produced one well-timed block and Smith came out to cling on to a Hamer shot after a poor back pass sent him clear.

Almost on the final whistle, a great move saw Sullivan feed Jamie Taylor and his flick sent Richard Butler away. His first touch was good but he snatched at the chance and sent it over.

Yet again the Dons were solid and largely comfortable against a higher-ranked attack, but the management team will be hoping for a more incisive attacking edge against comparable opponents.

Next Match >>